Testing your own limits

What happens when you test your own limits, when you test your endurance levels, when you test your capacity to tolerate? The mind is a wonderful device. It's sturdy, it's got high resistance to pressure. But the body is a different thing. It can bear pain, it can handle stress, but only to a certain limit. Beyond that it gives up. It just refuses to function when subjected to pressures beyond what it can handle. I have just experienced this and realized how important it is- to take care of your self, for no one else will. I thought I could abuse, misuse, ill treat my mind, my body- because they belong to me and I own them. I didn't realise it was the other way round. I live because they function well. When it got to a point beyond what I could bear, my body gave in, my mind tired out. What I experienced was a state of sheer exhaustion, like being drugged and incapacitated. I could literally feel my mind in pain, my body in agony. It made me think if it was worth it. Subjected them to such torture, such duress, such humiliation. After all I know what they want and only I can care. If I don't do that, how can I expect others to? Respect your own self, so that others may follow suit. I have now vowed- to take care of myself. For it matters not what others think of me as much as what I think of myself. If I am convinced so will others be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out