Little Teacher

They say life is the best teacher. I agree but beg to differ! I have a teacher and she is the best I know. She is so little yet stands so tall in my eyes. Allow me to introduce Dhriti. My daughter, my love, my angel, my teacher. Everyday I realize that life is so incomplete without a child in your life. It's such a fulfilling experience. Children are so pure, so innocent, so sincere. Unlike us adults, they say what they mean and they mean what they say. Their actions are without deceit. Hence their love is unconditional as well.

Dhriti means patience and rightly so. I have chosen her name with much care and contemplation and am glad she is everything her name and more. Right from a baby a few days old Dhriti has been accident prone. She was just 15 days old or so when my husband accidentally cut her tiny finger while trying to cut her nails. Then there was this incident where  I carelessly (though unintentionally) kept a bowl of hot soup within her reach and she poured it all over herself getting some serious burns in the process. Again, another time, she jammed her finger between the door (at playschool). It's another thing it wasn't her fault. The number of times she has hurt herself while running like a wild horse or banging against a wall are so many that I have lost count. The beauty behind all these painful moments (any parent will know how it feels to see your child hurt and crying in pain) is that I have discovered the true strength of this little wonder. She never tires, she never gives up, she never let's something scare her. It's just a moment of tears shed and she is back to face the same danger again with renewed strength. I find that very endearing. God alone knows what pain that jammed finger means or what hurt that hot soup causes. But does that show on her face? Not for more than a minute!  That smile never fades, that innocence never recedes.

Every ready to try new things, every willing to experiment, every ready with an endless reserve of energy. That's my girl. She is teaching me everyday. Not by words but by actions. Not by preaching, but by just being herself.









Comments

  1. You are making me fall in love with motherhood.
    Such a lovely mother you are..
    You see the reflection of your inner child in her..
    I live the mother in me through you
    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you thought about this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out