Life is a circus

Life is a circus and I am a trapeze artist.
I swing from one bar to another- trying to play it safe.
So I swing from work to family, from duty to indulgence, from responsibility to blithe.
All the while I think that I will not slip, I will not miss.
I should not slip, I should not miss.
I know the net is there below me, in case I trip.
A net with many names - family, friends, financial security, hope, confidence.
There will be clowns in colourful dresses, crowds gawking with bated breath, ring masters with watchful eyes.
All waiting to see - if I will fall, if I can make it.
When I eventually do finish my act -
Some will applaud, some will cheer,
Some will frown, some will say it was a stroke of luck.
For my part, I would just be glad that the act is done,
I managed without injuries, I entertained and I did what was expected of me.
The circus will repeat with the same act,
But new audience, new place, new clowns, new ring master et al.
Life is a circus and I am a trapeze artist,
Part by choice, part by compulsion.


Comments

  1. Love this one.. and the drawing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Veen :) Can you imagine how cool it would be if we could actually swing from one bar to another :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sushma. You are a fellow acrobat too, so I am sure you understand this poem well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you thought about this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy to be creative

Loneliness