The feeling of being left out

I have often had to deal with uncomfortable situations of being left out, be it on the family, professional or friends front. It's a miserable feeling to not be asked to join a group of friends when they plan to go out, to be excluded from nice family get togethers , to not be a part of office gossip. Leaves me wondering if people perceive me as not trustworthy, uncool or just prefer not having me as a part of all the fun and togetherness. Whatever the reason such occasions have taught me a lot- to be self sufficient, to be my own best friend, to take things in a good stride, to accept the fact that I cannot be a part of everything everyone does. Once the acceptance comes, the pain from all the rejection and indifference of others gets more and more tolerable. The hurt remains but the bright side is that it prepares you for life.


Comments

  1. Being left out :)
    It is so hard for us to accept that we are all alone..
    Everything and everyone - just interjections - crossing paths..
    Love you trups :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you thought about this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative