Another Fish in the tank



Sometimes when I look at the fishes in my aquarium I can't help but wonder- what is it like to be a fish, to spend your whole life in water, to live, eat, reproduce and die in that small tank. I mean these guys just swim, swim and swim the whole time. Is there a purpose to their life? Is there life beyond the water? Tough questions, evasive answers. Think about us. Do we know what our purpose in life is? How many of us have the courage and conviction to explore the world outside, the one beyond "our waters"? So afterall I am like those fishes I see in the aquarium in front of my eyes. I can continue to remain one or I can choose to be a shark and break free, to test the waters and face the unknown. The comforts of a known life are much but the temptations of the unknown need to be addressed as well. While I gather the courage to attempt this, I continue to remain within the walls of the aquarium- the one made of glass, the one I have built for myself, I continue to remain just another fish in the tank.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out