Frog in the well


A frog in the well is happy where it is- happy not knowing what is outside, happy being within the walls of the well. There exists no world beyond the well, for the frog. The waters are tested, the inmates all known. There is no risk, no unknown dangers to face. Once in a while the curiosity gets the better of it and it peeps outside, wondering what is out there, wondering what the world beyond has to offer. But never actually venturing out. Life is set and there is no room for surprises. While I was watching this little fellow in the picture I was wondering what was going on in his mind. Is he different from us? I was peeping into the well too, but would I dare to step in to see what's there? I don't think so. So for the frog the well is his world, for me the world is my well!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness