Happy to be creative

I am a left handed person and they say lefties are more artistically and creatively inclined. In my family I am the only one who has interest in crafts, arts and things like that. I am the happiest when I am creatively occupied. I like to get my creative juices flowing. I love sending out hand made cards and gifts. I love participating in contests that involve creativity. It may be a contest to come up with a name or with a tag line or anything like that. Who cares about winning. Participation is fun! When I see something I immediately know that I have to do something about it. I mean, I see an empty chocolate box and may feel like making a jewelery box out of it. I may see a nice gift wrapper and feel like making a book mark out of it. So when I saw a simple toran/ door hanging my niece made at her summer camp, my mind started ticking. I had to make one of my own. But when? It had been so long since I had made something like that. Now I hardly ever have the time. That is one of my perennial regrets. The end of creativity, to me, signifies the end of life!

I felt it was high time I got back to being my old self- one who would immerse herself for hours doing something she enjoyed. So I picked up all that I needed, on my way back home, from work. But I had to go through the difficult wait for the right time. Having an energetic toddler around means that she will want to see what you are doing, touch whatever looks interesting, do everything herself as well. So when she and my husband were having their afternoon siesta, this past weekend, I quickly got to work. With some masala (read hillarious) Suneil Shetty movie on TV, for company, I spent the next 3 hours (thankfully I got all that time to myself) cutting and pasting and drawing.

At the end of it I liked what I saw. Happy that I still had it, I resolved to make more time for myself to put my creativity to use. After all it is things like these that keep you sane and energized and satisfied so that you can face mundane chores of daily life with enthusiasm.



Comments

  1. :) .. i have all your cards, letters and poems .. every little one safely stored in my shoe box of memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you thought about this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Loneliness