Little Miss Sunshine


Our Little Miss Sunshine is growing up and how fast! She is now at an age where she is beginning to think independently. This means that her “yes”s are quiet clear and her “no”s are even more emphatic.  This also means that she is beginning to express herself independently as well. I love it when she forms these really looonnnnggg sentences and gets stuck half way, struggles to find the right word, finishes with a satisfaction of having conveyed her thoughts.  This also means that we get to hear her non stop jabber- it starts as soon as she opens her eyes in the morning and ends only when she closes them again at night. Just yesterday a close friend of our’s was telling me, if your daugther’s mouth was made of wood or rubber, it would have been broken or worn out by now!  It’s like you are living with this old granny who happens to be really tiny. Why? Well, I am cooking in the kitchen and she comes in asking, “ Have you added the salt?” ; My husband is riding the two wheeler a little fast and she goes, “ Go slowly appa, be careful”; You come out of the bathroom and she asks, “ Did you have a good bath?”.  I often wonder who is taking care of whom? Is it possible to talk so much and that too when you are only two? Now I just resign myself and wait for the time when the “no”s will get louder and the arguments will begin. Until then I pause to enjoy this phase when worldly wisdom flows out of a tiny mouth, caramelized by  baby talk!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out