Rain dear

Are moods seasonal? What I mean is, do they change as the season or the weather changes? I have observed that with me. When it's cloudy and gloomy outside I start feeling dull and sad as well. When it is sunny and hot, i get irritable and angry for no reason as well. When it's cold I get lethargic and feel numb as well. But strangely that doesn't work with the rains.

No, I don't feel like crying when it rains!!! Infact the rain makes me feel strangely energetic, happy and also sometimes hopeful. I am yet to find the connection.Getting slightly wet in a delightful drizzle makes me feel refreshed. Watching a heavy down pour from behind the windows makes me feel gleeful like a small child. Of course, it's another thing being out there and getting soaked to the bone, especially if you are on the way home and have to wait under a tree or outside a shop for the rain to subside. But that's ok. For some reason I like watching the world around when it is raining. Cars fly past like nothing is wrong, two wheelers scurry by to get to their destination as soon as they can, pedestrians and stray dogs take shelter in any possible place they can. The halted traffic, the falling trees, the flooded roads are the down side, I know. But maybe I don't feel the burden of them, from lack of direct exposure or experience which such unpleasant things.

For the fortunate ones at home, they just watch TV unaffected or have hot samosas or pakodas with a steaming cup of tea. I tell you again, there is something magical about the rains and I love them :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness