Moving on

It's so sad when you lose touch. Strange are the ways of life. You make friends, develop a bond that changes you for good, get to know a person who understands you better than yourself and then it's all gone. Just like that. I sometimes feel that I am so obsessed with myself. What I mean is I am so involved in my life, my family, my work that I don't even realize I missed out on so many things that I so cherish, that I so love. There is nothing more morose than when you realize that you lost out on a close friend. It's not everyday that you find a friend who understands you so well, who laughs and cries with you, who feels that you are fun to be with, who looks forward to spending time with you. But then circumstances change I guess, people change, their choices and preferences change. From being everything you can go to being nothing. When you see the same person mention about another friend who means a lot to them you can't help but feel a prick inside! I could have been that, I could have been that and more. Is it too late? No. But somewhere it's broken. You may fix it back together but the crack will still remain. Now when I meet the person I feel like I am with a stranger. I don't even know this person anymore. Where did I go wrong? Do I somehow deserve it? Was it my fault or the other person's? I have pondered many times over these questions and tried to find answers but have failed each time. So while I still feel this lost friendship is one of the biggest regrets of my life I continue to live my life, to be self obsessed, to find comfort in my own self. For no one other than myself can fill the void that this friendship has left.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness