Wandering mind


What can I do with a mind like this
That wanders often and stumbles so,
That hurts and pains but doesn't give up
That searches for something it is not sure of.

What can I do with a mind like this
That desires what cannot be obtained,
That seeks to find what cannot be seen
That asks to get what cannot be achieved.

What can I do with a mind like this
That doesn’t tire, doesn’t stop,
That doesn’t think, doesn’t deliberate
That hardly knows what it wants.

I could ask it to slow down;
I could ask it to be careful;
I could ask it to be sensible;
I could ask it to grow up.
But a wandering mind can hardly be curbed.
You cannot set boundaries, you cannot tie it down.
It’s meant to soar high; it’s meant to wander,
Let me let it find it’s ground!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness