Free falling


As I was watching tiny drops of rain fall down, I was thinking what does a free fall feel like. I know I can try bunjee jumping to get an answer. But that’s the point. What if I am not that adventurous or that courageous? If I were suddenly straddled to a rope and harness and pushed off a cliff I can imagine the sheer panic that would create.  I wonder what thoughts would flash my mind in that few seconds.  The rope could give away, I could get a heart attack and the adrenaline rush might stifle me.  But wouldn’t there also be something so liberating about it? The feeling of just falling or sinking into oblivion is inexplicable. I have been into that abyss many a times. I have dropped from heights, touched the bottom and risen again. The emotional tide that I often ride is no less an adventure. A heart that does not feel is like a dead ant. What use is an ant that does not run or scurry about?  Every time I flow along with the ebb, the fear is there, the emotions are immense. But I survive. It only seems to make my heart stronger and increases my life. So bring on the storm, open up the flood gates. I know I can handle, I know I can live it- one more time, each time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out