Happy Daughters Day



Yesterday was Daughters Day. The joy a daughter can bring can only be felt by someone who has experienced the pure and unconditional love that a daughter gives. My daughter brings sunshine into our lives, she possesses a gentle touch that can heal all wounds. She cares for me like none can, she cries when she sees tears in my eyes, she understands when I am angry and tries to make it better for me. She smothers me with kisses so delicate and sweet, wraps me in hugs that can keep me warm for a lifetime. She makes me laugh when things seem too hazy and dark. She fusses and throws a fit when things don't go her way but understands that she has crossed the line when she sees me angry. She stumbles and falls and hurts herself every day. Yet the pain never shows on her pretty little face! She has come into my life and changed me for the better. Life is no longer about shopping sprees, hanging out with friends or a sudden movie plan. It’s about play time at parks and shared ice creams/ pastas. It’s about rushing back home after work and about holding those tiny hands when she is unwell. It’s about being everything in her little world. It's about being the one those twinkling eyes look up to.
A daughter is the most precious gift. God has been generous with his gift to me. I now understand what my parents must have felt the day I was born, what my Dad must have felt each time he saw me make progress in life! I now understand why being a parent is tough, no doubt, but never a thankless job :) Happy Daughters Day to everyone who is fortunate enough to experience the joy I feel!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness