The joy of giving



                       For it is in giving that we receive. 
                                                   -St. Francis of Assisi

Such true words. We stand so much to gain by giving than by receiving from another. There is so much joy one can experience when one gives and helps someone. It is a feeling that can only be experienced by actual action. I do not consider myself as being one of those generous people but when it comes to being there when someone really needs you or helping someone at the right time, I am not that bad. Today is one of those days. I am feeling good inside and feeling good about myself. Glad to be of use to someone who deserves it, glad to be able to add a smile on someone's face, glad to be able to matter when it counts. Somewhere in the back of my mind I am also grateful to God that he has made me so capable as to be in a position to be able to stand as support, for having made me compassionate enough to respond to a good cause.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

The feeling of being left out