New Year Resolutions

I have never made New Year Resolutions because I don't believe in them. We make them and conveniently forget them only to feel bad later on about not sticking to them. I make resolutions throughout the year and try to stick to them when I make one. If I don't then I make sure I don't make such resolutions in future. The other day I went to the gym as usual at 6:30 in the morning. I was surprised to see that it was too crowded. Not like it usually is, with people around but enough place to breathe and stretch out. The instructor saw my surprise and told me "Don't worry Madam, this is only for one week. All these people are here because they made a new year resolution to work out and be regular to the gym. This will wear out soon". I was amused. But that got me thinking how true it is that people make New Year Resolutions for the sake of it. Like as if someone forced them too. I guess they think it is cool to tell someone they have such resolutions for the new year.

Having said that I did mention that if I make a resolution I make realistic ones. The kind that I can try to stick to.  Like the one I made last time. I resolved to get fitter and lose weight. I can proudly say I am 7 kgs lighter now! Having said that I think it is time I made some more because I feel I am good at keeping to them and because after blogging (and bragging) about it, I better stick to them. So here goes-

1) To be more grateful for what I have (and for what I don't!)

2) To complain less and comply more (it is not fine to whine!)

3) To make sure that at the end of the year I can confidently say I am better off than where I started (even if being better off only means being a centimeter ahead of where I was)

I think these should do for starters. As I said, I can always make new resolutions the whole year. Besides it's important to retain the old when you have new ones.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a circus

Happy to be creative

Loneliness